Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting back on track

Well it's been a while.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I have just been really off my mojo lately.  Really just not in the mood to blog.  I've been crafting, well kinda. Only what has to be done.  But this coming weekend I have a couple of blog hops and a Sketchy challenge due so I'm going to suck it (whatever it is) up and get back on track. 
So I have a lot of back tracking to do.   I still haven't posted my last Mother's Day card.  This is the card I made for my mom.  I had shown her a couple of months ago this never ending card I had learned how to make.  It wasn't decorated or anything but she thought that is was really cool and had said I'd love to see one all decorated up.  Well I've made a few since then but they go out just as quick as I make them (usually anyways) and she doesn't do the blogger thing so I don't think she has seen my blog.  So I decided to make her Mother's Day card, never ending.


The front of the card was made with paper from the DCWV spring pack.  The pink paper I embossed using the swirl cuttle bug folder, the flowers are Martha Stewart and the "Happy Mother's Day" is cut from Wild Card. I then added a few jewels with my i-rock.


Once the card is opened I used the same paper as the front of the card.  The flower vase and flowers were cut from Kate's ABC's.  I embossed the vase with the Polk a dot cuttle bug folder and inked the edges with a light pink.  Then where the fold was in the middle I just cut the vase. Then added some stickles to the flowers to make them sparkle.


The third layer of the card, I'll be honest, I was at a loss as to what to do.  This is about when my creativity began it's strike.  This silhouette is from A Child's Year and embossed with the Polk a dot folder from the cuttle bug.


The back of the card I didn't do anything to.  It was a Mother's Day card and the paper I think said it all.


Thank you for looking.  I've missed all my blogging friends.  I hope to see you back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...