Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I am A Child of God, banner.

Hello!
I wanted to share a Banner I made to put up at church this year.

This year our theme in Primary is "I am a Child of God".  I took on the challenge.
Our ward boundaries changed and I ended up in a different building.  I was use to white boards with dry erase markers and magnets and moved to a felt board with chalk board on the back.  It was a challenge at first but I've come to love our board.


I sat at a 6' table and made this banner.  As I was putting all the banner pieces together I started to think it was going to be way too big.  I hadn't actually measured the board before I started the banner.  But as I started putting the banner up I realized the board was much bigger then I thought it was and as you can see it turned out to be the perfect size.


Each piece I did the same but in either a pink, yellowish green and purple.


  •  Each scalloped piece and inside white layer is cut from Pretty Pennants at 7.53"
  • Each letter is cut from Ashlyns Alphabet at 3.53"
  • Embossed each white layer 
  • I sewed each piece together using black thread.
  • Using the scraps from cutting the scalloped banner pieces I cut them in squares to back the letters.
  • Then I embossed the squares with the swirl Cuttlebug plate
  • Then added some burlap behind the letters for some dimension.
  • I used a white satin ribbon to keep it all together.  Then added some while toole to blend it all in.



I really love how it turned out.  It makes that big blue board look a little nicer and it stays up all year long.  I really love making banners I think I'm going to try and make more.

Thanks for stopping in to take a look, have a great day!!





                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...