Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Door


Hello hope everyone's weekend has been good.  
I'm still here and everyone is still healthy so I can't complain one bit.  
I wanted to show you the cards I sent out to friends and family for Christmas this year.

I got the idea from Stamp N Design  She has a free template for her door but I decided to just go with a square door.  I had 40 of these to make with not a lot of time to do it.  I thought they would be quick and easy.  Well I got the easy part right.  But wow it took a lot of time and paper.




Now each square area on the door is 3 deep.  I used all the same maroon color paper but inked the middle layer edges with Stampin up Cranberry Crisp. So I had to cut 160 first layer squares 160 middle layer and 160 top layer.  It was half that for the longer rectangles on the top but there was a lot of cutting involved

I then pop dotted the wreaths on each side of the door.


  • Card size is 5"x 6 3/4"
  • Wreath is from Christmas Cartridge cut at 2.26" Then embellished with stickles.
  • Oval door decor cut from George and Basic Shapes from DCWV silver paper
  • Silver Brads for door knobs.
  • Inside stamped with the new Fiskars "Seasons Greetings" stamps



Each card had family photo inserted as the first thing the recipient received once they opened the card.



Thank you for taking a look. I hope you like our Family's Christmas card.





P.S.  For Christmas I received the Cameo and low and behold in the Silhouette store they had this exact card cut file in there.

1 comment:

  1. I love the doors! Defnitely worth the time, although I did the same thing with my cards this year. I totally thought the card I made would go quickly when I made a bunch and boy was I wrong. CAS does not mean quick, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...