Friday, March 4, 2011

Martini's and Birthdays

Happy Friday everyone!! I know I've been on a Tri-fold kick lately, but they are so much fun.  This card I threw together pretty quick and then got to the Martini glasses. Those babies were hard to do. I just couldn't figure out how to make them look somewhat realistic.

I used From my Kitchen to cut the glasses out at 5"
usingVellum and then again out of the transparency material that is used to cover  the Cricut mat.
The vellum is the back layer. I put Martha Stewart  Verdelite green glitter on the Vellum layer to make it look like a Apple Martini.  Then the Olive I used Peridot Green also from Martha Stewart. Then I placed the trancparency on top. The little star on the front of the glass is also Martha Stewart glitter  in sterling.  Then I sewed the 2 layers together with white thread. I used a real toothpick through the olive and added a little charm at the bottom the 1st glass.
The Happy Birthday was cut from Lyrical Letters. I then used the i-rock to make the star sparkle.


    Thanks again for looking. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my 1st Scrapoholic Design Team challenge.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah!!! OMG, this card is impossibly gorgeous! I adore it, and I am definitely going to have to lift that idea, no doubt about it. Your martini glasses are out of this world, and (LOL!) I would never have thought of using real toothpicks, DUHHHH. I just watched your video on making the Neverending card ... what a GREAT video! ... so maybe I'll steal your idea for the martini glasses and put it on a Neverending card for a hop I'm in next week.

    There it is ... you just did my "thinking" for me! THANK YOU. Seriously, wonderful blog and divine ideas. You inspire me.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

    P.S. Dang, girl, love your manicure! My hands (ok, and body) are so chubby and I've bitten my nails since I've had teeth. I'm JEALOUS!!

    P.P.S -- WHAT VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE do you use? I'm just into this and BOY do I need help in that category!! I wish we lived closer to each other to do vids and projects together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...