Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wine Bottle Lights



Hi and Happy Fall, I guess it's fall?  
Its still in the 90's here in AZ and I couldn't believe 
I had my A/C on in the middle of November.

So my latest venture has been turning wine/Alcohol bottles into lights.  They are so much fun and super easy to do.

The first problem I had though with this project is I'm not a drinker, at all.  So who was going to drink all this wine/Alcohol?  Not anyone I knew really so I had to looks else where.

I remembered that every time we go to Olive Garden they always ask if we want a sample of wine.  So that's where I went.  

The manager was super nice and was able on the spot to pick me up 15 bottles.  So in return I told him I would make him a light and to let me know what themed light he would want.  He then told me to come back in a couple days and he would have more bottles, so I did.  My kitchen table was covered in wine bottles, LOL.  I asked him on the second trip what theme he'd decided on and he said that since they were Olive Garden bottles that I should make one for the Olive Garden, so I did.  But I thought it was super nice of him to not take the bottle for himself so I made one for him as well.


Here is the Olive Garden one (plugged in)....

I made the Olive Garden Logo using my Silhouette Cameo.  Bought the grapes from Michael's and wrapped it all up with some raffia I had on hand.


Here is what it looks like when it's not plugged in.....



Ok so the Manager said he liked the 49ers, so I found a logo and worked with it the best I could and came up with this.  It seemed rather plain for me but if I added too much more to it I was afraid it would look too feminine. 



Here it is plugged in....


When I brought the bottles back for him to see what I do with them I couldn't believe how excited they all were.  All the employees were coming over and trying to call dibs on the SF one, LOL.   So needless to say if and when I need more bottles I think I shouldn't have a problem getting some. Thanks Olive Garden!!  And thank you for stopping in and taking a look.  Hope you come back again soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...