Wednesday, February 16, 2011

San Xavier Del Bac....different kind of paper craft.



My son tells me on Monday that he has a project for school he has to do that is due on Tuesday morning (grrrr!).  He has to make a replica of the San Xavier Del Bac Mission also known as the "white dove of the dessert"  The San Xavier del Bac Mission was built between 1783 and 1797 by the Tohono O'odham tribe, under the direction of Spanish Franciscans. The mission opened Tucson's first public school in Nov. 7, 1864.

The Mission was created to serve the needs of the local community, the village of Wa:k (San Xavier District) on the Tohono O'odham reservation, southwest of Tucson, Arizona.
 Anyways, enough history lesson. This was the project that we came up with.  We used paper and the hot glue gun.  My paper crafting tools came in real handy. We used the paper cutter, scissors and believe it or not the score board we used a whole lot.  If you look close you can even see we used paper that looks like sand for the under the mission and a toothpick for the cross on the left tower.

Just wanted to share. We worked really hard and it paid off because from what my son told me had all the details needed to receive 100 points. Ya 100%!



                                                       Thanks for looking, I'll see ya next time!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great, never would have guessed it was done last minute!
    Looking forward to doing the Motions & Folds hop with you:)

    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah .... I've done my share of ambitious project helping in my daughter's academic career but nothing turned out quite as beautiful or ambitious. Then again, this is ancient history, back pre-Cricut days for sure! Nicely done!!

    Fondly, Ellen
    (CardMonkey)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...