Friday, April 30, 2010

Oratorical Contest


Shellsea was asked to participate in the city oratoricl contest. There were 5 students around Yuma who participated in the contest. Each student was to write a 4-5 minute speach on Cyber Communications. Shell wrote her speech and would practice it with us. I didn't really love the speech. I wanted to go in and change so many things. But this is her speech. It was coming from a 5th grader it needed to sound like it was coming from a 5th grader. She did a great job presenting the speech. She had most of it memorized. She wrote the speech on index cards which she used for refrence. In the end though she ended up 3rd. The 1st and 2nd place winners in my opinion had speeches that I'm pretty sure were strongly parental influenced. That and they read it right off of a piece of paper. I guess we alway think our kid is the best. I'm so proud Shell she did a great job and it really doesn't matter what place she comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...